Particle Accelerator Limited (ParticleX) takes the privacy and protection of your personal information seriously and recognizes its responsibilities in relation to the handling of your personal data under the Privacy Commissioner for personal data and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (“PDPO“).
The Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) sets out the purposes for which personal data of individual data subjects will be collected, used, the classes of transferees and rights of data subjects under the PDPO.
- Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by the Company is accurate. ParticleX will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorized or accidental access, erasure or other use.
- It is voluntary for you to provide the personal data requested in the application form and in the ordinary course of our business relationship. However, if you fail to do so, we may not be able to process your request, provide you with the services, products and information.
Collection of Your Data
- From time to time, it is necessary for us to collect your personal data for providing you with updates, services, products or facilities or carrying out activities described in the “Purpose and Use of Your Data” section below. It is not obligatory to supply the requested personal data but if you fail to supply the requested data or any part thereof, we may not be able to provide you with the updates, services, products, facilities or activities.
- We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal data provided by you and all information generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as “Your Data”.
Purpose and Use of Your Data
We may use Your Data for one or more of the following purposes from time to time:
- providing updates, services, products, facilities or activities (including our website) and matters relating to administration, management, operation and maintenance (including processing applications or requests for services, products, facilities or activities);
- communicating with you (including responding to your enquiries or requests for information);
- designing and offering contests, games, lucky draws, promotions, surveys or events;
- marketing services, products, facilities, activities or other subjects (please see further details in “Use of Your Data in Direct Marketing” section below and you may opt out from receiving marketing information);
- offering, managing and operating any membership, loyalty or reward programmes;
- administering and maintaining our website and diagnosing problems where necessary;
- designing, reviewing, evaluating and enhancing our services, products, facilities or activities (including conducting research, survey and analysis for those purposes);
- investigating and handling complaints, claims or incidents involving us or any of our customers, visitors or website users;
- preventing, detecting or investigating suspicious or illegal activities;
- making disclosure when required by any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong; and
- purposes relating to any of the above.
- performing policy review and evaluating your needs analysis;
- detecting and preventing fraud (whether or not relating to the product/services provided by the company and/or affiliates);
- conducting market research for statistical or other purposes;
Transfer of Your Data
Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be provided to the following parties in addition to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties as mentioned in the above section of “Purpose of Collection”:
Your Data will not generally be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify you except in the following circumstances:
- If we use third party suppliers or service providers who provide administrative, insurance, telecommunications, information technology, computer, data processing, content delivery, marketing support or other services to support our business operation or facilitate provision of our services, products, facilities or activities, we may provide Your Data to these suppliers or service providers.
- We may disclose Your Data to any governmental or law enforcement agency, judicial body or regulatory authority to whom we are required to make disclosure according to any law, regulation, court order, direction, code or guideline.
- In addition, Your Data may be accessed by, disclosed or transferred to any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our accountants, auditors, legal advisers or other professional advisers) [and any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliated companies] for the purposes described in the “Purpose and Use of Your Data” section above.
As the parties mentioned above may be located outside Hong Kong, Your Data may be transferred out of Hong Kong.
With your consent, we may also disclose your personal data to third parties to allow them to send you marketing communications as described below.
Use and provision of personal data in direct marketing
- to use your name and contact details, profiling information, services and products portfolio information, transaction pattern, demographic data and behaviour collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time; and
- conduct direct marketing (including but not limited to providing reward, loyalty or privileges programmes)
- to market and promote the services, products, facilities, activities, contests, conferences, lucky draws, events and promotional campaigns from time to time available relating to us or “ParticleX” or the partners of “ParticleX”.
Access and correction of personal data
Under the PDPO, you have the right to ascertain whether the Company holds your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, and to correct /erase any data that is inaccurate. You may also request the Company to inform you of the type of personal data held by it.
Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by the Company should be addressed in writing to:
Particle Accelerator Limited
Address: c/o Particle Accelerator Limited, 10/F 33 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
This Statement is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.